Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW            

Sales Tax & Reseller
Permits in Montana

Obtaining Sales Tax ID or Reseller Permit in Montana

Montana does not have a state sales tax, therefore there is no state issued reseller permit. Some municipalities, such as big tourist destinations (Whitefish, Red Lodge, Big Sky, and West Yellowstone) have a small sales tax (up to 3%). Hotels, campgrounds and similar lodging charge a "lodging and usage tax", usually at the rate of 7%. Rental car companies charge a 4% tax on the base rental rate.

If your business is operated locally in one of the municipalities mentioned above, or is a lodging or car rental business you should check with your local jurisdiction what are the requirements.

Q: What if I was asked by my supplier to provide a reseller permit for my company in order to qualify for wholesale prices for reselling purposes?

A: Since your business is based in Montana it should be sufficient to supply the requesting party with your Montana registration papers, in order to prove them your company has no obligation to collect sales tax to begin with.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours! Official PayPal Seal SecurityMetrics for PCI Compliance, QSA, IDS, Penetration Testing, Forensics, and Vulnerability Assessment