Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Who can work for an S Corp?

Asked by: Hari - 13 March, 2011 I am on Work Permit (EAD - Employment Authorization Document with an SSN) Can I start an S-Corporation?
Answered by: Alec Green - 21 March, 2011 Dear Hari,

Unfortunately, as we explain in detail in our article regarding S-Corporations, only a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident can be a shareholder (owner) of a subchapter S corporation. However, please consider forming an LLC, as there are no residency or citizenship restrictions there. Moreover, an LLC offers you much the same benefits as an S-corporation would while requiring much less efforts to maintain. Take a look at our comparison of LLC and S-corporation to learn more.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!