New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Where to form LLC for tour operations?

Asked by: Ernst  — 26 March, 2012

I currently live in NY, but I don’t own property here, and I don’t pay rent. I am temporarily living with family. I do receive mail here, but have not earned income in NY since 2002. I move around quite a bit…. I am starting a photography tour company and none of my tours will take place in NY. Locations for tours will vary and often one tour will travel to multiple states. Currently I have tours that will spend time in WY, MT, AK, CO, NM, UT, AZ, CA, and NV. Eventually, I also want to offer tours in international destinations. I don’t plan to move to another location or rent an office or space anywhere at this point. Would forming an LLC in WY make sense for me? Once I get established, I don’t see NY as being the best location to be based from, as most of my US tours will be in the west. If I were to form an LLC in WY now, and later find myself setting up a base of operations in CA or NV for example, would moving the LLC be relatively easy? Thank you.

Answered by: admin  — 26 March, 2012


I will actually keep this one short: without having a physical presence for your business in any particular state Wyoming would indeed be a great state to register your company in. You can still use your New York address (or any other for that matter) as the mailing/business address.

If (or when) you decide to open an office in some other state, you will be able to register your business in that state by forming a Foreign Entity of your Wyoming company in that state.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0