Where should I incorporate?

Asked by:  — 12 October, 2011

I live in South Carolina but will be doing construction projects in MA, NY, VA, NC, SC should I incorporate in Delaware?

Answered by: admin  — 12 October, 2011


Since you will be actively doing business in several states it would make sense to incorporate in Delaware and as the need arises register for business in those states where your company would be doing construction work (the process is called Foreign Qualification or Forming a Foreign Entity).

Also keep in mind that various states might require your company to obtain appropriate licenses before you can do any construction work in those states.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0