Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

What state to file in?

Asked by: Cady - 16 November, 2012 Wondering if it's better to form an LLC in KS or AZ? Members live in KS, business would operate in AZ.
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 16 November, 2012 Dear Cady,

It's an interesting situation, here is what I think: since the business will be conducted in Arizona you would need to register in that state anyway, so you might as well choose Arizona as the home state. Then, depending on the involvement of members in the business, you might need to register a foreign entity in Kansas.

For example, if a member is running some of the business operations from a home office in Kansas, then your company is required to foreign qualify in Kansas (in other words, register as Foreign Entity). If the members are not actively involved in management of the business then such registration might not be necessary.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!