New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Want to open a partnership company for making and selling Indian food items

Asked by: JeeT  — 19 September, 2012

i am Jeet from India. Lives here only and my US citizen friend lives there. We want to open a partnership company (LLC) for making and selling Indian and American food items such as cakes cookies. Indian dish ie Dosa, idly from my US citizen’s home

my Q are..
1. I am not US Citizen or any visa or work permit holder and can I be a finance partner as well working in that company?
2. Can I permit to get work visa to help my US friend in manage the company and work for it?
3. if yes what is procedures and documents required for investing money in the company? and what fee and other cost will be for incorporate such company? and how much time it will take to start business after furnishing all the formalities ?

Answered by: admin  — 19 September, 2012


Allow me to answer your questions one by one:

1. Ownership of an LLC is not restricted to U.S. citizens. You do not have to be a citizen or a resident of the country to be an owner, member or partner of a registered LLC in the country.

2. To apply for a work visa in the United States, you would need to consult a licensed immigration attorney.

3. Neither you nor your partner would need to submit any personal identification or financial documents to register the business. The fees, times of process and additional licensing, such as a state sales/use tax permit, would vary greatly state to state. If you can tell me which state the company would be registered in, I would be able to give you a more accurate reply regarding the details of registering your LLC.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0