Using SSN for EIN, but does not live in the States

Asked by: chris  — 4 June, 2013

Hi, I have registered for a LLC in Wyoming, but need to apply for an EIN to do business, I have a SSN a long time ago when I was still in college. Can I use that to register for an EIN? (but I don’t live in the state or have any working visa) or should I apply for an EIN without SSN and register for a ITIN instead?

Thanks for the advice!

Answered by: admin  — 4 June, 2013


As far as I know once you get SSN you will use it as your personal tax ID for good. In other words, you can’t get ITIN once you get SSN, so you should use it when applying for EIN.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0