Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Using SSN for EIN, but does not live in the States

Asked by: chris - 4 June, 2013 Hi, I have registered for a LLC in Wyoming, but need to apply for an EIN to do business, I have a SSN a long time ago when I was still in college. Can I use that to register for an EIN? (but I don't live in the state or have any working visa) or should I apply for an EIN without SSN and register for a ITIN instead?

Thanks for the advice!
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 5 June, 2013 Chris,

As far as I know once you get SSN you will use it as your personal tax ID for good. In other words, you can't get ITIN once you get SSN, so you should use it when applying for EIN.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!