Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

US LLC holding company

Asked by: Mattia - 4 July, 2013 I am an Italian resident working in Europe and remotely from my laptop. I also arrange physical events through local partnerships. I want to incorporate a US LLC as a holding company for my assets (songs and movie copyrights, tv format, business models, cash, real estate) but being passive, running active business from a second company I will open further (not in the US), totally owned by the LLC. So the holding would be 100% passive. But I occasionally would travel in the US, being the only owner of the holding. Can I do this without requiring any kind of Visa, as I will not "work" nor the company will not gain any direct profit but only holding? Nobody could say that I am working without permit, cause it's not, right? Would be any better way to do it? Thanks!
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 9 July, 2013 Mattia,

To travel to the U.S. you need some kind of a visa, however in your case I believe B1 or B2 would work just fine. Since you don't intend to be employed in the U.S. I don't believe you need to worry about getting more advanced types of visa.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!