New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


US eCommerce business from overseas

Asked by: Anna  — 7 September, 2012

We are hoping to start an eCommerce business in US from overseas. Rather than sending out products directly from us, we will have an US based drop shipping company. We are non US residents and would like to know if this would require a permit or a license in US.

Thank you for your help.

Answered by: admin  — 7 September, 2012

Dear Anna,

For most types of merchandise no permit or license is needed in order to sell them in the US. However, if you are using a US drop shipper you might need to register a company in the US that would represent your foreign company.

Also in order to legally sell your products IN the state where the drop shipper is shipping FROM you might be required to obtain a sales tax ID.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0