New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


US citizen wants to run business from Canada

Asked by: Patricia  — 1 March, 2013

I am a US citizen who might be moving to to Canada due to my husband’s work. If I want to start and run an LLC serving US clients (consulting business, not selling any physical product), can I do that? Do I need a physical address in the US? What would be the best state to incorporate in?

Answered by: admin  — 1 March, 2013


You can certainly run a U.S. business from Canada, and you don’t need any physical address in the U.S. other than Registered Agent address in the state of registration, which we provide as a service anyway.

For choice of state I would recommend Wyoming – it’s one of the more favorable states for businesses located abroad, and one of the cheapest and more reliable to file and to maintian your company in.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0