New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


UK citizen starting a company in USA

Asked by: Harry  — 31 January, 2013

Dear Sirs, I am a UK citizen who wants to set up a web based buniess in the USA. I am told that I would not be able to get a SSN, but I could get a company tax id which the US banks said I would requie, is this so?
Thank You

Answered by: admin  — 31 January, 2013


It will not be a problem to register your business in the U.S. as a non-U.S. resident from the U.K., and we can obtain a federal tax id (EIN) without any of the owners’ being U.S. residents or having a social security number. We have a research article titled ‘U.S. Companies for Foreigners‘ which would guide you through the online application process to register the company, as well as the federal tax id.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0