New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Trinidadian LLC seeking to consult in the US

Asked by: Tina  — 22 January, 2014

I am starting a construction firm that is LLC in Trinidad and Tobago but will have our headquarters in the US. Is it necessary to incorporate in the US? Also will there be tax implications regarding paying employees in the US?

Answered by: admin  — 22 January, 2014

Dear Tina,

Yes, to conduct your business physically in the U.S. you would need to register your company (either as an LLC or a C-Corporation) in the state(s) where you would be physically conducting your construction business, as well as in the state(s) where you have employees. Also, you may use your foreign LLC as partial or whole owner of the U.S. entity.

While we are professional incorporators, we are a different professional field than accounting, so we cannot give specific tax advise. We do have a research section titled ‘U.S. Taxation for Foreigners‘ which I believe you will find very helpful and informative.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0