Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Trinidadian LLC seeking to consult in the US

Asked by: Tina - 22 January, 2014 Hi
I am starting a construction firm that is LLC in Trinidad and Tobago but will have our headquarters in the US. Is it necessary to incorporate in the US? Also will there be tax implications regarding paying employees in the US?
Answered by: Ray Albert - 25 January, 2014 Dear Tina,

Yes, to conduct your business physically in the U.S. you would need to register your company (either as an LLC or a C-Corporation) in the state(s) where you would be physically conducting your construction business, as well as in the state(s) where you have employees. Also, you may use your foreign LLC as partial or whole owner of the U.S. entity.

While we are professional incorporators, we are a different professional field than accounting, so we cannot give specific tax advise. We do have a research section titled 'U.S. Taxation for Foreigners' which I believe you will find very helpful and informative.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!