Transfering EIN

Asked by: Brad  — 28 January, 2013

I am considering changing my sole proprietorship business to a S-corp. Will I need to get a new EIN or will same EIN transfer?

Answered by: admin  — 28 January, 2013


If you are forming a new corporaiton this corporation would need to have it’s own new EIN. Transfers of EIN are only possible in some marginal cases, and usually it’s recommended to just obtain new EIN for each new legal entity.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0