New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Tobacco License: do I need GED?

Asked by: Chels  — 6 March, 2012

Do you need a GED to get your tobacco license?

Answered by: admin  — 6 March, 2012


No, a GED or other forms of diplomas/degrees are not required to obtain a Tobacco license. Typically, you actually do not require a GED for most permits, licenses, state or federal tax identification numbers or to form and register a business entity. The time you may need a diploma would be if you were looking to open a specific type of professional business, such as medical or educational.

One requirement you will need for a tobacco license (in most states) would be a state sales tax vendor id, so you would have to obtain this first before applying for a tobacco license.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0