New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Taxes for a Canadian citizen with a U.S. LLC

Asked by: Allison  — 10 August, 2011

I am a Canadian Citizen with an LLC that was formed in Nevada. I have a 45% stake in the company and 2 American partners. I am in the process of applying for an ITIN. I do not have a visa and will not be employed by the company. I am looking for some guidance as to what type of taxes I will have to pay in the U.S. and Canada. I would like to find someone who is familiar with both Canadian and U.S. tax laws so that I can pay what is required on both sides of the border. Thank you!

Answered by: admin  — 10 August, 2011

Dear Allison,

For now we try not to provide any accounting advise on that site since the original idea was to help people with specific incorporation questions. However we do understand the close connection between the two, and are working on expanding our team of experts to include a licensed CPA and a corporate attorney to answer those types of questions.

As such we would recommend you to look for a Canadian CPA who specializes in international accounting (there are specific professionals who focus on the international clients).

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0