Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Taxes for a Canadian citizen with a U.S. LLC

Asked by: Allison - 10 August, 2011 I am a Canadian Citizen with an LLC that was formed in Nevada. I have a 45% stake in the company and 2 American partners. I am in the process of applying for an ITIN. I do not have a visa and will not be employed by the company. I am looking for some guidance as to what type of taxes I will have to pay in the U.S. and Canada. I would like to find someone who is familiar with both Canadian and U.S. tax laws so that I can pay what is required on both sides of the border. Thank you!
Answered by: Monique Blanchard - 13 August, 2011 Dear Allison,

For now we try not to provide any accounting advise on that site since the original idea was to help people with specific incorporation questions. However we do understand the close connection between the two, and are working on expanding our team of experts to include a licensed CPA and a corporate attorney to answer those types of questions.

As such we would recommend you to look for a Canadian CPA who specializes in international accounting (there are specific professionals who focus on the international clients).


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours! Official PayPal Seal SecurityMetrics for PCI Compliance, QSA, IDS, Penetration Testing, Forensics, and Vulnerability Assessment