Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

State number

Asked by: Tracie - 10 January, 2013 I have a Federal EIN do I need a State number as well?
Answered by: Ray Albert - 12 January, 2013 Tracie,

Upon registration, a company is usually assigned a state entity id number. If you would be selling tangible goods in retail you would need to obtain a state sales/use tax id (also called reseller's permit) as well, if the state of registration has state sales tax. Also, some states like Washington, New Jersey and a few others mandate all businesses to obtain state tax ID regardless of the actual nature of the business.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours! Official PayPal Seal SecurityMetrics for PCI Compliance, QSA, IDS, Penetration Testing, Forensics, and Vulnerability Assessment