Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Starting an LLC in DC and will consult in many states

Asked by: Kristin - 9 October, 2013 I am an Interior Designer and I consult with various architecture firms - one mainly in NC. I am working from home in DC but need to travel to NC for meetings and also travel to other states for various meetings where projects are located. If my travel is limited to meetings (say 2x a month on average) do I need to register in NC or any other states that I may travel to?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 9 October, 2013 Kristin,

If you are operating as a sole proprietor there is nothing you need to do.

Even if you are operating under a legal entity such as LLC or corporation, unless you establish physical presence in any of those states (for example open an office, hire employees etc.), you don't need to register this entity in any of those states.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!