New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Starting a new s-corporation

Asked by: what's your name?  — 18 July, 2012

How do you start a s-corporation from scratch?

Answered by: admin  — 18 July, 2012


Forming an entity that would be taxed as S-Corporation from scratch would require you to register it either as Corporation or an LLC with the state where the business would be located/conducted. Once the company is registered with the state, you would obtain the EIN, and then elect the entity to be taxed as an S-Corp with the IRS. In certain states the S-Corp election is required to be filed with the state as well.

Keep in mind, either an LLC or a Corporation may elect to be taxed as an S-Corp, and this election does carry certain limitations. You can read more about the formation and structure of the S-Corporation here.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0