Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Small E-business in NY state

Asked by: Margaret - 13 October, 2012 My daughter and I want to start an online buisness making and selling custom made hand painted clothing and bags. What kind of business would this be? Sole proprietor, DBA, can i just use my SSN? Just looking for the least expensive way to go in NY state?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 13 October, 2012 Dear Margaret,

The least expensive way to do it together with your daughter in New York is to form a General Partnership (by drafting a simple partnership agreement), and registering a DBA in your county of residence. Since its a partnership you won't be able to use your SSN, and instead you would need to obtain an EIN.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!