Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Salon and food business

Asked by: jamaal sulliavan - 17 February, 2012 Wanting to start a bussiness that is mixed... Salon and food. what is need to get started and what process do i need to follow? It's in Greenville, SC.
Answered by: Mary Dubitsky - 21 February, 2012 Jamaal,

To operate a salon in South Carolina, you first must hold a salon license with the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation Cosmetology Board. The application fee is $100 and the license must be renewed annually. Individual employees of the salon must also hold licenses depending on the type of service they provide.

The business will also need to complete a state tax registration with the S.C. Dept. of Revenue. If you would like to serve food in the salon, you will need to hold a retail food establishment permit. These are issued by the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control. Finally, on the local level, your business must hold a business license for the City of Greenville, SC.

Do not let licensing requirements stand in the way of a successful business. Our licensing specialist can take care of the entire process to ensure your business is in full compliance with all state and local laws.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!