Sales Tax Question

Asked by: Alisha  — 7 September, 2011

I’m starting a photography business; do I need to pay sales tax from the company i’m purchasing prints from and also turn around and charge sales tax to the customers who are buying the prints from me? Then the product is being taxed twice.

Answered by: admin  — 7 September, 2011


To purchase merchandise from distributors and wholesalers without paying sales tax, and then selling those items as a retailer to end users you need to obtain a Reseller Permit (also called Sales Permit, Sales Tax ID, Sales Tax Vendor ID, etc.).

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0