Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Requirements to Get Fed Tax ID by Canadians

Asked by: Bala - 29 August, 2011 I have small business registered in Canada. Now i want to get Fed. Tax Id to become vendor for US companies. Please help me with the procedures. 1. Can i use my present Canadian address or should I use mu cousin address in Delaware? 2. Corporation or LLC- which is best ? Thanks Bala
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 29 August, 2011 Dear Bala,

First of all as a Canadian you can register an LLC or C-Corporation (not S-Corporation), and I would generally recommend forming an LLC, as it allows to do almost anything you might need from a company with minimal formalities.

When forming your LLC you could use a Canadian address as the business address, and this address can also be used to obtain your company's Federal Tax ID (EIN).

Hope that answers your question.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours! Official PayPal Seal SecurityMetrics for PCI Compliance, QSA, IDS, Penetration Testing, Forensics, and Vulnerability Assessment