New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Relocate old, or form new corp?

Asked by: F Walker  — 15 July, 2012

I recently moved to a new state. I have an S corp in the former state which has been dormant for over a year. I want to set up a new corp here. Should I relocate the old S Corp or just start a new one.

Answered by: admin  — 15 July, 2012

Dear F. Walker,

To fully answer that question I would need to know what are the states involved and the nature of your business.

In general, many states permit changing domicile of corporation, this way or another, however this process might prove to be costly or slightly complex. It might make sense to start from clean page by dissolving the old corporation and forming a new one in your new state of residence.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0