Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Registering as a foreign entity in another state

Asked by: Chris - 19 September, 2012 We are a cleaning service LLC licensed and setup in Florida, we just opened another location in Colorado, do we need to register as a foreign entity in Colorado? My bank told me I did not have too but other people have told me I should. What do you advise?
Answered by: Ray Albert - 20 September, 2012 Chris,

When a business has an office or employees, or its owner(s) is conducting the business in person in a state other than the original state of registration, the company would have to be registered in that state.

In the case of a cleaning business, the company would need to be registered with Colorado either by forming a new business entity, or by having your Florida LLC register as a foreign entity in Colorado.

The company would not need to obtain a new EIN when filing as a foreign entity, nor would the company be required to have a separate company bank account.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!