New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Registering a subsidiary in the U.S

Asked by: Arnold  — 3 August, 2011

Im from South Africa and run an entertainment business here, I want to open a separate entertainment company in the U.S together with a partner, however i want the U.S company to be owned by the South African company. What do i need to do and what documents do i need to file in the U.S both for the U.S company and the Holding company (South African based)? Thanks.

Answered by: admin  — 3 August, 2011


To register the company in the US you only need to supply the legal name of your South African company as the owner of the US company.

There are no documents needed to open a company, but you might be required to obtain an EIN for your South African company in order to file taxes on the income this company derives the dividends distributed by the US company. I would recommend you to consult an accountant for all tax related questions.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0