New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Registering a Corporation as Foreign Citizen

Asked by: Pablo  — 17 February, 2011

Hi, am a foreign citizen currently residing in USA. is there any restrictions for a non immigrant visa holder (F1,M1 etc) to register an inc on their name?

Answered by: admin  — 17 February, 2011

Dear Pablo,

The only restriction for non-U.S. citizens is that you cannot start a so-called S-corporation in the U.S. However, you can start a C-corporation of a Limited Liability Company in the U.S. without a problem. You can read our article about the differences between S-corporation, C-corporation and LLC for more information.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0