Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Registering a company while on student visa

Asked by: Tamara - 20 April, 2011 I have been in the USA for 6 years, I am in F1 visa. I will like to register a small business in Florida. Can I do this under a student visa?
or should I do this as a foreigner? ( I have SSN)
Answered by: Lloyd Johnson - 20 April, 2011 Dear Tamara,

Because you are not a citizen, nor a permanent resident, you are still restricted from opening an S-Corporation. However, you are free to form an LLC or start a C-Corporation. Your immigration status does not come into play at all when you start one of those companies. I would recommend that you look into forming an LLC in Florida.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!