New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Payroll tax liability

Asked by: Lynda  — 16 October, 2012

Florida based painting company will be working in other states with employess from different states. Which states do they have to file & pay income tax or unemployment tax?

Answered by: admin  — 16 October, 2012


Generally speaking you will need to register for, and then file and pay unemployment tax in each state where an employee resides. Some states require payroll registration if any work is being done in that state, even if no employees live there.

State corporate income tax varies as well. In some states a business must file and pay as soon as it started conducting activity within the state, in others the activity must rise to the level of ???regularly transacting business??? before the requirement kicks in. It is important to investigate the state laws before operating or hiring an employee in a state.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0