New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Payroll Question

Asked by: gaurav  — 3 October, 2012

Hi, we incorporated a S corp in Wyoming, we are a recruiting firm and we would be recruiting and doing payroll for our employees working in different states……Do we have to register it in NY also since business address would be NY or we could do payroll from any other state?

Answered by: admin  — 3 October, 2012


Since technically your company would have W-2 employees in other states you would need to register your WY S-Corporation as a foreign entity in each state where your employees are employed, and you would need to register for payroll in each of those states.

Also, if your business in physically located in New York you would need to register the corporation as foreign entity in New York.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0