Out-of-state Incorporation

Asked by: Brad  — 20 June, 2012

Can Massachusetts resident form a corporation in Rhode Island without maintaining residence in Rhode Island?

Answered by: admin  — 20 June, 2012


The simple answer is yes, you could form a corporation in Rhode Island as a Massachusetts resident. When you form a business in the U.S., you are allowed to use a foreign physical address (international or out of state) for the business address.

Keep in mind when registering a business in a different state, you will need to be able to provide a Registered Agent with a physical location in the state of the business registration. If you need, we can provide this service for you (just selecting it on our registration form).

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0