Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Operating a small business in MA

Asked by: jack robertson - 13 January, 2012 Do I need an insurance liabilty policy to operate a small carpentry business in MA ?...2) can I obtain only an "occupational license" to operate my business legally?
Answered by: Mary Dubitsky - 18 January, 2012 Jack,

To operate a business in MA, a new business must:
1. Register the business entity with the Secretary of State
2. Register the business with the MA Dept. of Revenue
3. Obtain any specific licenses or permits

Just doing some quick research, I did not see any applicable state-level licenses for a carpentry business. However, depending on the city or county where this client is doing business, other licenses may apply.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!