Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Opening a retail garment showroom in IL

Asked by: Jenny - 18 January, 2013 Hi! I am currently in India moving to USA on H4. I want to start a retail garment showroom in IL. What are the formalities required for the same?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 19 January, 2013 Jenny,

From wikipedia this is what I read about H-4 visas:

H-4 visa holders are not eligible to get a Social Security Number and cannot be employed, but they can hold a driver's license, open bank accounts, and get an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for US tax purposes.

So although you could form a company in the US and be listed as the owner, legally you would not be able to be employed by your business.

I would recommend you to consult an immigration attorney to see what options you have to obtain employment authorization maybe through your business.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!