Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Obtaining EIN without social security

Asked by: Crystal - 31 October, 2012 Can an illegal immigrant get an EIN number?
Answered by: Ray Albert - 2 November, 2012 Crystal,

To obtain an EIN for a sole proprietorship the sole proprietor would need to either have a social security number, or an ITIN.

It is possible to obtain an EIN for a U.S. registered business, such as an LLC or a Corporation. You do not need to be a citizen, have a U.S. address or social security number to register a company in the United States. With all that being said, please be aware of the implications of staying in that country illegally, and consider taking the necessary steps to make your presence here legal.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!