New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Non-resident American starting business in US

Asked by: Prasad  — 29 July, 2012

I’m US citizen and currently settled in India. I want to start consultancy business operating from US. Please advise whether I can incorporate without having residence address in US.

Answered by: admin  — 29 July, 2012


Yes, you would be able to incorporate a business (either an LLC or a ‘C’ Corporation) in the United States without having a U.S. business address.

Keep in mind, while you can use your home address in India as the business address, you will need to have a registered agent address in the state where the business is located. We offer this service available on our entity formation applications.

If you are unsure what state to incorporate in, I would suggest you consider the possibility of registering in Wyoming or Delaware, as they are commonly referred to as the ‘corporate heavens’.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0