Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

LLC registered in one state, sales taking place in another

Asked by: Jo - 7 June, 2012 I have a physical sales location in Colorado, but my LLC is registered in Delaware. Do I register for sales tax with the Colorado Department of Revenue? Or...?
Answered by: Ray Albert - 9 June, 2012 Jo,

When your business has a physical location, such as a storefront, office, physical property or employees, you are required to have the business registered in that state, either as domestic or foreign entity. In your case I believe you would register a foreign entity of your DE LLC in Colorado

After your company is registered in Colorado as a foreign entity you will be able to obtain a Colorado sales tax id in order to collect sale tax on sales to clients in Colorado.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!