Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

LLC in a high income tax state (NY)

Asked by: Kris - 17 May, 2012 I am interested in starting an LLC (online application development, all web based, no physical location) while I live in a high income tax state (NY) and my partner in another (CA). What options exist for us to minimize the amount of income tax paid with the pass through taxation option? Is it better to opt for a c-corp?
Answered by: Ray Albert - 18 May, 2012 Kris,

As a fellow New Yorker, I completely understand your pain when it comes down to the high taxation here. But, in the end of the day, you can't escape the personal income taxes levied by your state of residence.

I would definitely suggest consulting with a professional accountant to look into the possibility of registering a C-Corporation in the state like Wyoming, where there are no corporate income taxes issued by the state (Delaware has corporate income tax, but only on income produced in Delaware).


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!