Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

LLC company hiring abroad

Asked by: Thomas - 12 November, 2012 Hi, I currently own a LLC in New York (taxed as a S-Corp) and looking to hire developers from India. Can I hire them as full-time employees or only as contractors?

Are there any legal or tax implications for doing either? Also, would cost just be charged as an expense?

Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 14 November, 2012 Thomas,

To hire someone as W2 employee that person needs to have an SSN and proper working authorizations. If your developers are in India you would hire them as foreign contractors, and deduct it as expense.

I would recommend you to seek an advise of a CPA on how those expenses would be deducted (specifically).


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!