New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


LLC Business Name Change

Asked by: Leslie  — 2 December, 2013

I want to change my LLC Business Name and address as well as add an owner. I am located in the state of Virginia. I am completely changing the type of business I want to do so the current name does not fit. What is the best way for changing the name? Is it better to file an “Entity Dissolution” for the old LLC name and open a new LLC or is it better to file an “Entity Amendment” and just update the company name and information?

Answered by: admin  — 2 December, 2013


Unless you want the new operations to start “clean”, I don’t see any reason to dissolve the old company and open a new one. Entity amendment should do the trick – you can update any kind of information including change of name, address, registered agent, members, etc.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0