New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Living in TX, occasional seller at gunshows out-of-state

Asked by: Cristina  — 27 November, 2012

I am thinking of forming a mobile business (no store front – occasional seller at gunshows on weekends in NV, AZ, CA and UT), but my home is in TX. What kind of licenses do I need to do this other than sellers permits from these states? How/where do I file income tax?

Answered by: admin  — 27 November, 2012


Of those states only Utah and California require state-specific licenses to sell guns at a gun show. In California, a valid Federal Firearm Dealer License (FFL) and a California Certificate of Eligibility is needed to sell firearms at a gun show. Utah also requires an FFL along with a Utah Transaction Form for Gun Dealers. Both Nevada and Arizona are unregulated in the sense that they only require an FFL to sell firearms. And all four states require a criminal background check through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) of the customer before selling a firearm.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0