Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Living in TX, occasional seller at gunshows out-of-state

Asked by: Cristina - 27 November, 2012 I am thinking of forming a mobile business (no store front - occasional seller at gunshows on weekends in NV, AZ, CA and UT), but my home is in TX. What kind of licenses do I need to do this other than sellers permits from these states? How/where do I file income tax?
Answered by: Mary Dubitsky - 29 November, 2012 Cristina,

Of those states only Utah and California require state-specific licenses to sell guns at a gun show. In California, a valid Federal Firearm Dealer License (FFL) and a California Certificate of Eligibility is needed to sell firearms at a gun show. Utah also requires an FFL along with a Utah Transaction Form for Gun Dealers. Both Nevada and Arizona are unregulated in the sense that they only require an FFL to sell firearms. And all four states require a criminal background check through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) of the customer before selling a firearm.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!