Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

living in CA but registering company outside CA

Asked by: Manish - 19 July, 2012 Me and my friends want to start web development business. we are based in California. but want to know if we can register our company in Delaware/WY/Nevada? How should we go about it? Any issues if we are physically based in CA? ??ur bank accounts are in CA etc.
Answered by: Ray Albert - 20 July, 2012 Manish,

With a web-based business, there can be some gray area when deciding what state to register in.

For example, when you use a virtual office as the business address, you may technically register your business in any state, such as Delaware or Wyoming. If you have a nexus in California state, such as an office, employees or property owned/rented by the business, then you would need to be registered in California state.

Keep in mind that while registering in a different state would spare you California's annual $800 franchise tax, if you plan on writing off your business expenses in California, you may wind up creating a nexus in the state to where you would need to register there anyway as a foreign entity.

While we can help register your business in any state, it's always a good idea to discuss your business plans with an accountant.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours! Official PayPal Seal SecurityMetrics for PCI Compliance, QSA, IDS, Penetration Testing, Forensics, and Vulnerability Assessment