Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Italian citizen doing business in US

Asked by: Marco - 2 May, 2012 Hello,
I have incorporated an LLC in Delaware. I'm Italian citizen and want to do business in USA utilizing USA contactors. How much taxes I'll have to pay? Am I obbliged to have a US bank account? or I can use Cayman?
Answered by: Ray Albert - 3 May, 2012 Marco,

The state of Delaware is going to charge your LLC an annual $250 business tax, which would be due every June 1st. You may also be liable to income taxes between the two countries of business and residence. I would definitely suggest consulting with an accountant who is familiar with international taxation treaties to find what other taxes you may have to pay.

You typically require a company bank account to register with a merchant service to accept payments from your U.S. clients. As Italy is a signatory of the Hague Convention, you could get an Apostille with a certified copy of the Articles of Organization. This will allow your U.S. registered business to be recognized in Italy, and you should be able to open your company bank account there. Cayman Islands are signatories to the Hague Convention as well, so you can open a bank account there as well.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!