New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Incorporation in NY business in PA

Asked by: Endeavor  — 24 August, 2012


I operate an LLC incorporated in NY and I want to do business in PA. What is the bets way to go about doing that? Creating a subsidiary in PA, incorporating the business in PA also, or creating some foreign entity with an operating permit in PA?


Answered by: admin  — 24 August, 2012


If you are looking to operate your business in multiple states, you could file your NY LLC as a foreign entity in Pennsylvania. This would have your business registered as an active entity in both states, and is commonly the filing process companies use to expand in multiple states.

Keep in mind, while the company would keep the same EIN, any state issued licenses/permits, such as a state sales/use permit, would need to be applied through Pennsylvania state as well.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0