Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Hawaii clothing store

Asked by: Zena - 1 June, 2011 I would like to open a clothing store in Maui. However, I am a Canadian citizen. Is it easier to start a business in Canada and then transfer over? Or can we start a business from scratch in the US with a working visa?
Answered by: Ray Albert - 4 June, 2011 Zena,

If you are going to be conducting your business in Hawaii, it would probably suit you best to register the company in Hawaii. As a Canadian citizen, you may open a U.S. company without being a U.S. resident, as long as you maintain a Registered Agent in the state of Hawaii.

Please be advised to sell products such as clothing in a retail store, you will also need to obtain a Hawaii Sales Tax Vendor ID Number to collect sales tax on your Hawaiian sales.

I hope you have found this answer to be helpful.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!