Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Getting Tax ID (EIN)

Asked by: Alex - 28 August, 2012 I would like to open a branch of my Chinese based corporation in USA. Can you explain me how can I get EIN if I'm not US citizen and don't have Social Security Number?
Answered by: Ray Albert - 29 August, 2012 Alex,

As a non-U.S. citizen without a social security number, you would not be able to obtain an EIN for yourself individually. However, you would be able to register a C-Corporation or LLC in the United States without having to be a resident here or obtaining a social security number. Once you have your entity registered as an active business with one of the states, the entity may then apply and receive an EIN.

Alternatively, its possible to obtain an EIN for your Chinese corporation directly, without registering any new entities, and with you being the company representative (no SSN is needed in that case as well).


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!