New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Foreigner obtaining tax ID

Asked by: Natalya  — 27 May, 2011

Hi, I reside in Canada and my C-corporation is formed in Wyoming. I’ve obtained EIN already. How to apply for Tax ID number (Foreign Entity Qualification)?

Answered by: admin  — 27 May, 2011


I think there is a bit of confusion in terms. Foreign Entity Qualification is actually a process of registering a company formed in one US state (or foreign country) in another US state.

If I understand your intention correctly you are looking to obtain a personal tax ID (called ITIN) to be able to file your personal taxes in the US. If that’s correct I would recommend you to either talk to your accountant, who will be able to help you obtain one while filing your taxes, or find a Acceptance Agent closest to you who can help you obtain the ITIN.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0