New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Foreigner buying a gas station

Asked by: Tuan Trinh  — 10 October, 2012

I am a foreign citizen in Vietnam. I have B1/B2 visa. I want to buy and operate a gas station in US. What can I do?

Answered by: admin  — 10 October, 2012

Dear Tuan,

You can certainly own a gas station in the U.S., not being a U.S. citizen or resident. Keep in mind, however, that without proper work authorization it would be illegal for you to be employed directly by this business. So I presume you would need to find a manager (or a management company) to handle the day to day operations of the business.

We have prepared a few articles and other resources to help international clients open business in the US, and I invite you to check them here:

– U.S. Companies for Foreigners
– Opening a Bank Account in the United States
– Free tax webinar for Non-U.S. entrepreneurs doing business in the U.S.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0